04 May 2020 -
 General

TA-I hikes chip resistors by 15%

TA-I Technology plans to hike the price of chip resistors by 15%, reports Semi Media.

The world leading resistor manufacturer has already raised the price by about 10% in February this year, plus 15% this time, making an overall increase of 25% in just two months.

“Regarding the price increase, TA-I responded that the recent urgent order demand exceeded expectations, and the production line is making full efforts to meet customer demand,” says the article.

Two factors are driving a demand spike:  

  • The pandemic has driven the growth of demand for personal computers, laptops and tablets;
  • construction of 5G base stations in mainland China is also one of the driving forces.

Astute Electronics – Bringing you Safe Supply with the latest insights from trusted sources.

Related News

18 Jul 2024 - General

New Study Unveils Significant Value of Authorised Electronics Distributors

Read more

16 Jul 2024 - Defence

Astute Group Strengthens Embedded Computing Portfolio with AiTech Systems Distribution Deal

Read more

10 Jul 2024 - General

Counterfeit GPUs on the Rise: A Growing Concern for the Electronics Industry

Read more

09 Jul 2024 - General

DRAM Prices Skyrocket Amidst AI Boom and Production Shifts: A Deep Dive into the Memory Market

Read more

08 Jul 2024 - General

US Government Invests in Semiconductor Workforce to Combat Looming Talent Crisis, But Challenges Remain

Read more

07 Jul 2024 - General

Semiconductor Manufacturing Equipment Sales Expected to Explode

Read more