A fire in Wuxi, China, earlier this month is having serious supply consequences for several manufacturers, including Vishay and Infineon. Wuxi Welnew Microelectronics (“Welnew”) is a sub-tier supplier to several semiconductor manufacturers including Infineon, Vishay,...
The global semiconductor market will exceed $1 trillion by 2030, with a compound annual growth rate of 7%, reports the electronics press. The communications and computing markets will account for more than 60%; automotive is considered the most promising semiconductor...
Buzzy new tech trends including the industrial metaverse, 5G wearables, printed electronics, and satellite-to-cell services may be held back by global market volatility, according to a report from the analyst firm ABI Research. “War, inflation, political upheaval,...
EMS Now says there are numerous reasons why counterfeit parts surface, and companies need to be particularly vigilant during supply chain constraints, where low levels of required supply increase the pressure to access the open market. "Counterfeits components are...
Just 20 aircraft delivered in April, says ADS
ADS, representing the aerospace, defence, security and space sectors, says deliveries of planes hit a record low in April, with just 20 aircraft delivered:13 single-aisle aircraft and seven widebody, reports Production Engineering Solutions.
370 aircraft order cancellations were recorded in the first four months of the year, says the article. The overall aircraft order backlog fell below 14,000 due to cancellations.
ADS chief executive Paul Everitt is reported as saying: “The aerospace industry has been hit hard by the Covid-19 pandemic and urgent steps need to be taken by the Government to protect our highly skilled, high value workforce in every part of the UK.”
The organisation has set out five priorities for action:
- A pragmatic and proportionate plan to resume flights and enable travel as soon as the crisis allows.
- Extension and flexibility for employment support measures that will be needed for many months in a sector that faces a long road to recovery.
- Rapid expansion of Government support for low carbon aerospace technology, putting the UK at the forefront of the drive to develop and manufacture more sustainable aircraft.
- An evolution of business support measures that unlocks finance for manufacturing supply chains.
- Bringing forward public procurement programmes to support jobs and cashflow, particularly in defence and space.
Astute Electronics – Bringing you Safe Supply with the latest insights from trusted sources.