17 Nov 2021 -
 General

Semiconductor revenue growth to ‘skyrocket’ in top 25

IC Insights predicts that the semiconductor market to grow by 23% this year. A strong 20% increase in semiconductor unit shipments coupled with a 3% increase in the total semiconductor average selling price (ASP) is driving this growth. An increase of 23% would be the second-largest gain in the global semiconductor market since 2010 the year when semiconductor sales soared 33% following the financial meltdown and global recession in 2008 and 2009.

“A great majority of semiconductor companies—led by AMD, MediaTek, Nvidia, and Qualcomm—have been riding the wave of strong market growth this year. These four fabless companies are deeply entrenched in the race to provide leading edge IC solutions for artificial intelligence and machine learning applications, and 5G smartphones/infrastructure systems,” comments IC Insights in a press release.

To avoid electronics supply-chain disruptions, you may also wish to consult an expert in electronics component supply. With more than three decades of supply-chain expertise, Astute Electronics is ideally placed to work with you on your daily component requirements.

For more help with looking at supply chain options, contact Astute Electronics here

Related News

14 Jun 2024 - Defence

Webinars for Defence, Military, and Aerospace Engineers 

Read more

12 Jun 2024 - General

Electronics industry surges forward into 2025

Read more

07 Jun 2024 - General

Nvidia’s dominates – for now. A look at alternatives.

Read more

06 Jun 2024 - General

The CHIPS Act’s $39 billion challenge: building Fabs is easy, finding talent is not

Read more

05 Jun 2024 - Defence

New Events Series for Defence, Military, and Aerospace Engineers 

Read more

04 Jun 2024 - General

What is Taiwan’s Silicon Shield, and is it so tough?

Read more